Free shipping on all US and APO orders over $14.99!
Annual 462/2W1 Weapons Fest Sponsorship
2019 Sponsorship Contest Status: CLOSED!
Submissions: NO MORE SUBMISSIONS (Design submissions are being accepted until February 22nd, by the end of the day)
2019 Winner: Nellis AFB with their "Dealing Death" Challenge Coin design receiving 212 votes!
If you would like to get a quote on a design for bulk ordering outside of this contest visit the Custom Challenge Coin page.
Annual 462/2W1 Weapons Fest Sponsorship:
The selected sponsored base will be given a selection of items to give away or raise funds with, along some funds to put toward any of their Weapons Fest purchases. Overall, if the free items are sold to raise funds a winning base with a decent size weapons community can raise anywhere from $1200-$1550.
WINNERS OF PREVIOUS WEAPONS FEST CONTEST:
OTHER SUBMISSIONS THAT WERE PRODUCED:
WHO CAN ENTER THE CONTEST & WHEN:
- Any active, guard or reserve 2W1 shop (Weapons Standardization, Weapons Flight, Armament Section...).
- if you won a previous weapons fest contest sponsorship, you are still eligible to win again, there are no restrictions this year.
HOW TO ENTER:
- To avoid exploiting of the voting system in order to win your base free stuff, make sure you put some thought into your coin design. If you put more effort into sending people to like/vote on your design, than actually designing it, Weaponz Online will allow the other design submitters to vote if the win should be passed to second place.
- Design a new weapons coin, or submit an old coin design that is no longer available. (This is ran by one person, If you want to help save me time have any custom coin website create your initial design proof and then send me that)
- There may be multiple submissions per base, but only one submission per shop. (If backshop submits a design, Weapons Standardization or the flightline shops can also submit their own designs)
- The design must relevant to as much of the weapons community as possible, so it can not be themed to a specific squadron, base, or aircraft.
- You must submit a 2-sided design, with a max diameter of 3" (Please have a completed artwork of the design, or pictures of an existing coin ready!).
- Coin designs can be submitted on the Custom Challenge Coin page, in the "additional info" box at the bottom please provide:
- A message that the quote request is an entry for the Annual Weapons Fest Contest Sponsorship.
- Name of your base, squadron, weapons section/flight and the person or people who designed the coin.
- The coin design can be e-mailed as an attachment when I respond to your entry or as a reply to the automated confirmation e-mail.
HOW THE WINNING COIN DESIGN WILL BE SELECTED:
- Only 1 base will be selected for their weapons fest to be sponsored.
- After we receive and complete all the design submissions, the designs will be put up for voting with "likes" on the WeaponzOnline.com Facebook page.
- Once voting is complete, the base who has a design with the most votes will be the winner of the sponsorship.
- If your design does not win, you can still receive 15 coins for free if it is chosen for production for Weaponz Online.
- If you do not have an account, I would recommend registering for one and ensure you subscribe to the newsletter. Winners will be announced on Facebook, but the newsletter will get you the announcement directly to your e-mail.
WHAT DOES THE SPONSORED BASE RECEIVE:
- Delivery of items and funds will have to be coordinated through the shop flight chief, individuals in charge of your weapons fest with flight chiefs knowledge. Some of the items to be included will be:
- A set of Remove Before Flight keychains for the weapons aircraft located at the base. (100pcs)
- A set of coins of the winning design. (50pcs)
- Funds to help cover other expenses of the Weapons Fest. ($200)
- After the winner is selected, expect a wait of about 3 to 5 weeks to receive your items, as the manufacturing of new coins will take some time.
- In the event that the winner just had their own Weapons Fest, the winnings can be used to get ready for their next weapons fest, or put toward getting ready for any other weapons based event (BBQ, holiday party...).
- Losing coin designs may be selected for sale on the website at any point after the contest, if your design is chosen you will still receive 15 of your coin design for free.
- All designs can be quoted for bulk production if your unit would still like to have them manufactured.
- All designs that are submitted and chosen for production will be available on the website for all weapons personnel to purchase.
If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to run this better, please contact Thomas at [email protected], all submissions should be made through the "Custom Challenge Coins" page.